Planning a family vacation can be a nightmare for pet owners. They usually find themselves booking space in a boarding facility or doggie day care, which can be very expensive. And it also requires a lot of worrying since pets are definitely family members. We are often asked if pets can travel on a private aircraft and the answer is yes! Pets fly private charter at Northeastern! Northeastern Airlines routinely carries owners and their pets to domestic as well as international destinations.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN DECIDING WHETHER YOUR PETS FLY PRIVATE CHARTER JET AS OPPOSED TO FLYING THE MAJOR COMMERCIAL AIRLINES:
- Your pet's size – It is more and more difficult to take your pet in the cabin of the aircraft. If the pet is between 15-18 pounds or more than 10-12 inches tall then it will most likely have to fly in the cargo hold (depending on the airline). This section of cargo is pressurized and temperature controlled to be almost the same as in the cabin. However, this does not ease the stress to your pet caused by being crated and stored in a very strange place.
- Length of flight - during extended flights, owners may want to ensure that their pet is hydrated and comfortable. Flying on a private charter will allow the owner to give them that extra attention.
- Summer Heat Embargo - Most commercial airlines will not accept a pet as checked baggage or air cargo during the summer when temperatures can exceed 84 degrees on the runway, Also, during the colder months, some airlines require an Acclimation Certificate signed by your veterinarian certifying that your pet can adjust to colder temperatures.
- Pet import requirements - many countries will only accept pets as air cargo and not in the cabin.
- Snub nose breeds - many airlines will not accept snub nose breeds such as bulldogs, pugs, and Shih-Tzus as well as Himalayan and Persian cats in the cargo hold as they may develop severe breathing problems at high altitudes.
So, if you are considering taking your vacation but are hesitant to make plans due to your furry friends, give Northeastern Aviation a call and let us show you how easy and stress-free your vacation can be when your pets come along for the flight!
Call us at 800 234 0046, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you and your furry family members aboard!